Aches and pains are a part of life that can accelerate with age. I believe in holistic preventative measures to keep me and my family’s life as ailment free as possible. Vanilla essential oil has been found to aid in fighting several kinds of sickness. Its also helps make the air in your home pleasant. Here are some great benefits you can get from vanilla oil.
8 Major Benefits and Uses of Vanilla Essential Oil
1. Helps Fight Infections
Minor scrapes or scratches where the skin has broken needs protection. You do not want to leave you or your family open to get infections. Germs can come from anywhere no matter how much you clean. You want to keep your wound clean from infection until it has fully healed. The essential oil has eugenol which helps fight bacteria. Vanillin has the naturally occurring hydroxybenzaldehyde that helps to fight infection when applied to a wound. (1)
- Put 2-3 drops on a cotton ball and rub wherever skin has been broken.
- The skin is the largest organ of our body.
- It is the first line of defense in protecting us from harms.
- Continue applying the vanilla oil night and day until the broken skin has healed over.
2. Reduces Inflammation
Inflammation is the bodies response to injury. Inflammation ranges from minor to severe. It is important to always treat the main issue for the inflammation. While you heal there is more you can do. Vanilla essential can be added to a carrier oil and used as a topical oil to be rubbed into the inflamed area. (2)
Mix 1 tablespoon of vanilla oil with one tablespoon of jojoba or almond carrier oil and massage into the area of inflammation.
3. Helps Respiratory Problems
Allergies, colds, and other respiratory issues can cause pain and suffering to us. Many people think of using over the counter menthol products to ease the respiratory problems. However, this oil is another natural option. By simply inhaling it on a cotton swab or adding it to your favorite diffuser can help. (3)
- Put 2-3 drops on a cotton ball and inhale.
- Follow directions of your diffuser.
- Put the proper amount into your diffuser and allow the room to fill with the lovely scent.
- A few drops on your pillow also helps at night.
4. Works As An Antioxidant
Eating and breathing antioxidants help keep oxidants from multiplying in our bodies. Vanilla Oil has is an antioxidant by helping eliminate free radicals from your body. Oxidants can also cause other illnesses and break down our immune system. Besides making a room smell great, vanilla essential oil can help you to boost your immune system while you breathe it. (4)
- Put 2-3 drops on a cotton ball and inhale.
- You can also use a diffuser so the air in a room is full of the aroma of vanilla.
- This helps bring the beneficial properties of this oil to you.
- Always follow the directions of the diffuser you have.
- Putting too much water or too much oil can break the diffuser.
5. Is An Aphrodisiac
The scent of vanilla has an effect on the sexual drive of men. If you are a woman, you can even wear vanilla on your skin to entice your loved one. It is also helpful to have the room where you want to get romantic be filled with the aroma of vanilla. This can be easily done by having an essential oil diffuser of the proper size to fully fill the room with the aroma of vanilla. With the relaxing properties of vanilla oil, it also works as an aphrodisiac for women. (5)
- Put 2-3 dabs of vanilla oil on all pulse points of the body.
- Fill the diffuser with the proper amount of vanilla essential oil.
- Follow the directions of the diffuser.
- You can also add a 1:1 ratio of vanilla oil to a carrier oil like jojoba or coconut oil to use as a massage oil.
6. Relieves Anxiety
More than 35 million people suffer from anxiety in the United States. Anxiety is worrying to an extreme. There are varying degrees of anxiety. People are anxious for any number of reasons about issues and events in their life. Vanilla oil affects the brain to help soothe and help to reduce anxiety. The essential oil can help bring your thoughts to more positive and gratifying places in your mind. (6) Anxiety starts in the mind and can have adverse effects on the body. By helping your mind with the help this oil, you can start to help anxiety from taking over.
- Put 4 to 5 drop of vanilla oil in your bath water.
- Use vanilla oil in your room diffuser.
7. Helps With Depression
It is normal to feel temporarily down from time to time. If you feel down often and to the point of stopping normal activities, it might be depression. Depression plagues a lot of people in the United States. Essential oils can help. Essential oils help depression by sending a message to the brain once the smell of say the Vanilla oil is registered. Its has an uplifting and positive effect on the brain. (7)
- Put the vanilla oil into an essential oil diffuser.
- Follow the directions of your diffuser for how many drops to put in.
- Make sure to use the proper size for your room size.
- Put 4-5 drops of vanilla oil in your bath.
- Place 2-3 drops of vanilla on your wrist and neck.
8. Helps Repel Mosquitos
Chemicals in mosquito repellent products can be carcinogens. Mosquito repellent lotions can also cause skin irritations. This oil helps to repel mosquitos. You can take it with you on camping trips. The bottles are small and easy to use. When you have kids with sensitive skin, this oil may be the thing that works for them.
- Dab pure vanilla oil on your neck and wrists.
- You can put the oil on your temples.
- Make sure you keep the oil away from your eyes.
- You can put a few more dabs if you feel there will be a lot of mosquitoes.
My Favorite Use Of Vanilla Essential Oil
When I was younger, I did not care for the scent of vanilla. I loved the taste of vanilla in food. Vanilla ice cream and vanilla in cookies was always wonderful to me. Now, I love to open the bottle of Vanilla oil and take in the glorious scent. Strong floral scented perfumes can be a bit confusing. They work well at first but then leave an off scent from unnatural ingredients.
I love to use this oil and smell like vanilla. It is pure. It is natural. My body invites the vanilla oil because it is natural and recognizable. When I wear vanilla essential oil, it is the perfect mild scent that is not overpowering in public.
There is nothing more glorious than opening my home, my sanctuary spot from the rest of the world and breathing in the healing properties of the beautiful scent of vanilla.
Caution of Vanilla Oil
- Vanilla is a popular scent. There are many imposters out there. Buy only the purest form of vanilla oils.
- The best vanilla oil is absolute vanilla and vanilla Co2 extract.
- If you are paying less than $10.00 for one or more ounces, the vanilla is probably not real.
- Vanilla oil is not for eating. You only use real vanilla extract from the cooking aisle for foods. Vanilla oil is different.
- If you put vanilla essential oil on your skin and have any reaction like a rash, wash it off immediately. In this case, only use vanilla oil with a diffuser. This way you can still get the healing properties of vanilla.
- Vanilla extract and vanilla essential oils are not the same things.
- Do not overuse it is possible to get toxicity of essential oils.
- Read the label. Know who you are buying from.
The benefits of using this oil are numerous. If you are experiencing body pain issues this oil can help. Preventative measures to illness are as important to fighting illness when it occurs. If you can do simple things like filling your house with the aroma of high-quality vanilla essential oil for health, why not. The best thing to do is just try the vanilla for a month. See for yourself the difference this oil can make in your life. You will see a difference. Whether you wear vanilla on your body or you inhale the beautiful scent. You will see a difference. Your health is number one. It is worth adding to the preservation of your health with the help of vanilla oil.